U12 Mixed League
- The season is end of April to third week of June, 2018. Practices may commence earlier.
- Children born 2006/2007 are eligible.
- TRAVEL IS REQUIRED. (Including Vulcan, Nanton, Red Deer Lake, High River, Millarville & Okotoks)
Home games/practices are played in Turner Valley, field behind former town office.
- 2 games per week and 1 optional practice at the discretion of coach/team.
TBD (previously Tuesday and Thursday evenings each week (excluding optional practice & any rescheduling))
- Game kick-off generally at 7:00pm (refer to team schedule).
Game length: 2 x 30 minute halves.
- Eight players per side (8v8) with a designated keeper. Size 4 ball.
- Registration fee includes team jersey (deposit required) & team photo.
- Shin pads and appropriate soccer shoes (cleats) are required.
- Wind-up party to be held at end of season.
- Opportunity to take part in Black Diamond Parade.
- Part of the High Country League and follows The High Country League Code of Conduct.
- Continue techniques for dribbling (speeds and direction); ball stopping (bottom, inside and outside of the foot); passing with inside and outside of foot
- Continue development of shooting the ball and a proper throw-ins
- Teach positions
- Work on the "proper technique" for how to head a soccer ball
- Teach how to shield a ball
- Continue how to cross a soccer ball
- Continue working on how to properly defend and transitioning between offense and defense
- Introduce positioning for corner kicks (both offense and defense)
- Introduce proper goal kicks
- Continue basic rules of the game
- Teach 1-4 Feint moves to lose a defender (will be taught at coaches clinic)
- Introduction to offside rule, which includes "cherry picking" (i.e. hanging out at the goal waiting for the ball)
- Parents encourage from the sidelines – leave the coaching/directing to the coaches and referees